Tuesday, January 17, 2006

What's an Agora?

Well, I could be clever and copy/paste a link from Webster's Dictionary... but that would be too easy. Basically an agora is a meeting place to freely discuss ideas. It's a Greek thing, so I'm shamelessly performing a cultural hijack (it's in these days, dontchaknow?).

Feel free to read and share whenever you want to do so with thoughts and opinions. Hopefully, we're able to not only add our own perspective but enrich ourselves with the perspectives of others... and if we add a little water and sunlight, we might actually grow!

3 Comments:

Blogger aglen said...

yeah! welcome to the blogging world...

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend who was an agoraphobic - terribly afraid of people - didn't want to leave the house, public situations terrified her. Odd, she was also afraid of being alone - Can you be an agoraphobic and also a solophobic (word mine)at the same time??? : ) I'm being funny, but it wasn't funny at all - someone from her family had to stay home with her at all times or incredible panic set in. Thankfully we have a God who can heal our fears of being alone and our fears of being known... :) Not that any of this is very much related to what you blogged - but you're the one who brought up the meaning of Agora!

8:14 PM  
Blogger em said...

Thanks Stuttle! I think I'm phobiaphobic... I tend to try things that make me a bit paranoid just to avoid developing irrational fears. It's stupid, but it works for me! ;-) Then again, if I truly AM phobiaphobic, I'd have to try having a phobia to not be scared of it. Chew on that one for a bit! hehe

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home