Rolling river and quotable quotes
It's the first week of the new job, and I am too exhausted to write on a topic that I want to discuss. So, in lieu of expending energy, I am going to "leverage" some interesting/provocative quotes that I found recently. For your pleasure and consideration:
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
- Emile Zola (1840-1902)
- Emile Zola (1840-1902)
"Assassins!"
- Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957) to his orchestra
- Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957) to his orchestra
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)


6 Comments:
The silence of our friends....very interesting point.
Wow! What were you standin' on to get such a crazy angle in the pic. It makes my eyes want to cross, but then I tilt my head and all is well. LOL!
Toscanini is so hardcore.
I love quotes. I used to collect them. Though often short, they can be so powerful. My favorite you posted is the MLK one.
If God can speak truth in proverbs, so too, can He speak through people's short thoughts.
Who cares what your enemies say. It's when your "friends" don't back you up that you are the most betrayed and hurt. Can you tell I still have issues left over from junior high?!?!? :-)
Well written article.
Post a Comment
<< Home