Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This is the church. This is the steeple...


Saint Anne's Catholic Church was in fine form tonight at sundown. I am sorry that I was in a rush and unable to take the time to get a really nice shot of all the colors in the sky.

But, I am glad to share this glimpse of how beautiful tonight was for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I am surprised you got a clear shot without some war protester in your way.

6:15 AM  
Blogger wn said...

Nice shot Em. Architecture speaks quite powerfully. Too bad most protestants have forgotten that.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Nomad said...

I love that church, Emerson. I'm glad you got to see it like that last night.

:) Last night was remarkably beautiful for me, too. The light at dusk was very calming... it was clean, still, and golden. The air was fresh and cool. The sky was a quiet blue and the soft white spurts of clouds were "raying" out from the spot where the sun had already set.

Good evening.

9:57 AM  
Blogger em said...

Robert: I just had to push a couple of the protesters out of the way, then it was perfectly clear. Excellent!

Will: Thanks - I think about the message of our architecture. I'm sure my blogging buddy Sarah H could comment on that for a while. ;-) At the same time, I often wonder about the efficacy of a beautiful structure compared to the cost. One thing I say for sure (kinda) - If you're going to spend a lot of money on a building, make it architecturally beautiful, not a strip-mall-church.

Nomad: Yeah, this is one of my favorites in Houston, as well. One thing I am quite excited about is the Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral that is being built downtown. I see it every day on the way to work. I'm looking forward to that being completed! Also, I am glad to hear that your night was as beautiful as mine was! :-)

Thanks all!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home