Thursday, April 06, 2006

"Poppies. Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep!"


The Wicked Witch of the West said poppies would do the trick! I'm not so sure about that, but I do know what DOES put me to sleep. Imagine this scenario:
  • Boring, repetitive work
  • Little-to-no-sleep
  • Rhythmic, taunting tunes in the background
  • No coffee in my hand
  • Me, snoozing on the arm chair

I just fell asleep at Taft Street Coffee while trying to get some work done. I am officially pathetic.

* Poppies courtesy of last summer's road trip through southern Ireland.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's no fair that all these pictures are personal and have not merely been pulled up on Google Images. When I see poppies I automatically think of Eleanor Lavish and "Room with a View". Emery, get some SLEEP! Or at least some coffee...there is a coffee concoction known as a "Depth Charge": A large coffee with shot of espresso inside. I highly recommend it to you. Although, with this week's flute and harp concerto - *yawn* - I could probably prescribe this drink to myself...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Hey, brother,

Yeah, I don't get much sleep either, but it's cause I'm so excited that I might ge t out of heck soon (otherwise known as Abilene!). So, yeah. I've been packing for the last couple of days.. man, I don't have that much stuff.

The flowers make me think of some photos I tok with an ex-gf in the bluebonnets.. oh the craziness!

9:33 AM  
Blogger aglen said...

Guarana! You need Guarana, 2.5 times stronger than caffeine, and yummy too.

Love you...Go for 7 tonight!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Emery had a little to much fun fun last night with a few bottles of wine. Now he's all whine. (that's a little cheese to go with your whine E)

Who falls asleep at a coffee shop? Daywalkers, that's who.

11:52 AM  
Blogger em said...

Sarah V: I am in dire lust for traveling in order to gather more pictures and experiences... oh, for more time and financial means to do so. Soon, hopefully! And literally, I am past the need for coffee... I am using coffee just to function psuedo-normally. I need to just get some sleep.

Willio: YES! Get out of Abilene!!! I am so ready for you to be out of there, as well. Run, Will, run!!!

Ashlee: I am glad that you are a pumper of chemicals, but yeah... I really just need sleep. haha! Love you! I am going for seven hours tonight! Since I've not gotten more than 5.5 any other night this week, this is a big jump forward.

Robert: I think I definitely did have more wine than the rest of you fiends, but I think most of that was recovery from the frustrating 45-minute five-mile drive to the Forth's house. Ridiculous. agh! I hate Houston traffic!!!

OK, speaking of sleeping, I am off to bed! hasta!

9:56 PM  
Blogger aglen said...

Guarana is not a chemical...sleepy man, it is from a seed. But yes, you are right, it is sleep you need. I hope you got alot last night.

5:10 AM  
Blogger em said...

Guarana is too a chemical, goofball. Caffeine is a chemical, as well.

I got almost seven hours. whew! :-)
Willio is coming in tonight. yay!

5:50 AM  
Blogger wn said...

Am I a chemical, Em?

8:43 PM  
Blogger em said...

Will, you are definitely a chemical! :-) Here's my favorite definition that includes almost everything:

Chemical: Everything you see and touch except for light and electricity.

Nice, huh?

11:05 PM  
Blogger J. Truett Glen said...

"The chemicals between us
The walls that lie between us"
"The chemicals between us
The army of achievers"

Bush

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all have been hanging out in the poppy field for too long. :-p

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home