Much hiking excitement...

I just want to quickly share a picture of me, Kayb, Sarah, and Howell on our weekend hike. We had such a fun time in Georgia wandering around a state park, of which I forgot the name. Here are some samplings of the fun that was had by all:
- Howell finding a plastic snow-cone with bubbles and a wand inside. Sarah and I made bubbles galore!
- Getting to see two beautiful waterfalls.
- Discovering some great walking sticks, though I'll admit one was so crooked, I wouldn't really call it a walking stick.
- Playing with sparklers in the parking lot.
- Watching the sun set and enjoying the beautiful colors.
- Driving back into Chattanooga and enjoying a home-cooked Thai dinner. Yum!


15 Comments:
Oh, such samplings! You forgot watching Sarah gasp for breath as she climbed endless flights of stairs on the way back UP the trail...sheesh!
As for the Thai dinner, we have you to thank, dear Emery, for your AWESOME CULINARY SKILLS. You do know this is the sole reason we are friends with you. ;) On second musing, would the dinner have turned out so wonderful had I not been smiling for minutes at a time into the beautiful contents of the wok, now and then prodding it with my spatula? Or stealing spoonfuls from the Tom Yum?
I forgot to mention that my calves are STILL sore! Someone help me! (Or was that from our fruitless attempts at cartwheels beforehand?)
Wow, Cynthia and I need to move to Chattanooga! Sounds like you guys had an enviable blast.
#7. Smoking the wild "funny tobacco" we found on the trail
#8 Playing air guitar in private while on the top of the mountain.
#9 Starting random fires by rubbing two sticks together just for fun.
#10 Selecting a wide variety of insects, grubs, and roots to create a stew with.
Haha, ok, so most of those were lame. That's all I could come up with on short notice! E.J., find me a job at the Aquarium, and I'll move there! I should get my bike fixed this week, so then I'll start riding again. Maybe even to work. Ok, scratch that last comment.
Sarah V: ;-) I think your happy stirring is what made the meal, coupled with Howell's shrimp-peeling skills!
Will: You are more than welcome to move on up! *Jefferson's Theme Song playing in the background*
Robert M: You know me far too well. Speaking of... when I was at the beach in New Zealand over New Year's, we found a pot stash on the trail leading from the beach to the campgrounds. Nice, huh? I threw it away; I'm such a good citizen!
Willio: I actually HAVE been looking for a job for you at the aquarium. How much fun would that be? You can hang out at my house with the coolest roommates ever!
you threw it away??!!??
But it could of been such a good bonding experience for you and andy!!
Sez! Yeah, Andrew and I were considering it, but with all the grommies around, etc.... we just thought we'd try to be good role models. ;-)
Will you are a dork...I want to go hiking! When you come visit, or when we come visit...we'll do it. Emeri and Tyne have hiked up a few hills. Em's hit the stone mtn. in NC, and Tyne's done Craggy Gardens. Go little Glen girlies! Maybe we can get Gareth hiking!
When hiking, always remember to watch out for the BEARS!!
Ashlee - I know! Hiking sounds wonderful!!! We must plan excursions into greener and craggier parts! That sounds like much fun!
Jennifer - I know! Bears are scary!!! ;-)
ok thats it. I quit my job. Not really, but in theory. This is the 5th....5th, outing that has been posted on blogs that I have been working at the Starbucks whilst it has been occuring. Well I quit (again, in theory) I am not at ya'lls humble disposal. Let me be the new shrimp disecting person.
Karla! We leave all shrimp disecting to you from now on. If Howell even tries to touch a shrimp, he will have to endure all of our wrath! (I don't know who "we" are who will be supplying ample wrath, but I would be scared of such a force!)
Ashlee, you are a bigger dork. Oh wait, Yvette is the biggest dork in our family. I'm wrong again! I can't help it if I have nothing else to do than to make up stupid ideas. I mean, for excitement this weekend, I'm going to go look for rocks for landscaping. And that's the most exciting thing I've got going on!
it sounds like you all had a blast, rock on... keep up the adventure... brian
Post a Comment
<< Home