Thursday, May 11, 2006

Running man

I've started running recently. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I do hope it lasts longer. Here's the status so far:

  • The first day (Saturday) , I ran about 3/4 of a mile, and I felt nauseous (partly due to other health-woes, I am pretty sure).
  • Day two (Sunday) was 1.5 miles with a minute break at the half mark
  • Day three (Monday) was about 1 mile, just to say I ran.
  • Day four (Thursday) was just scant of two miles without stopping. I really think I could have gone another 1/2 to 1 mile.
  • Day five (Saturday) - almost two miles again. I was running late to catch up with some friends so was unable to push myself any more.

My goal is to be able to run five miles straight. But I think my goal should really be three miles, because that is a lot more reasonable. ;-)

We'll see how this all goes... Onto week number two!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three miles is a 5K....and your brother Todd can run with you when you come to visit us! :)
You're doing great! NOw...if you could just figure out how to blog more regularly! *did i say that??*

love ya!
pam

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should really start running again (keeping in mind the last time I could say I "ran" was my sophomore year in high school when I was on the track team!)... there is something freeing and peaceful once you break through the agonizing pain and hit your stride. It just takes so much work to get to that point (and for some reason, even my gums ached when I would run). I am a certifiable wimp!

7:57 AM  
Blogger em said...

Oh hey, I ran a little over two miles yesterday!!! I might make my goal yet!

Pam - Yeah, tell Todd that he and I can go run the next 5k. That would be a bonding moment! Awwww... ;-) I feel sad that I can't run three miles yet, but I am going to be able to run that far soon!

Jennifer - I had that "breaking your stride" experience yesterday.. it really was nice. I've never run and felt peaceful/relaxed before. Sad, huh? Next time we hang out, we can go running. hehe! Or, my uncle is in some kind of marathon running group in Austin. Perfect! I'll send him your contact info right away! haha

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 5 miles is good. But a little MC Hammer and the running man is better. Shake your booty emerson.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running = agonizing pain. And there is no such thing as "the stride". Augh! Running is from the devil! Perhaps I just need to learn how, but I have always despised it after those first 5 minutes when you start to feel like you are going to die...

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emerson...Good to hear from you today...Glad u are running....We'll have to run together when I visit next or you visit me in N.O.....not sure which is more humid, but it has been really humid lately here. I'm up to 4 miles....usually take a minute break at half point...and it doesn't seem to get easier....lol, but, now I am working on speed work so I can run more competitively in the races.
Heath

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home