Thursday, July 06, 2006

I am Hungry


As you can tell, I am very hungry. I had two friends in town from New Zealand - Troy and Deidre, and they came along with me to church.

After church service, we always have a meal. My pastor (and friend) Corey, asked me to take pictures of folks after the service. My translation: "Have NZ friends take a picture of you eating dinner, and let Corey find it on his camera later on!"

Well, Corey did find the picture, and he sent it to me today.

I was very hungry... indeed. It's been making me think a lot about what I am hungry for -- noble things, not-so-noble things, important things, waste-of-time things. What are you hungry for, and what do you wish you were hungry for? Hmmm...

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, eatzi! You were hungry!

7:28 PM  
Blogger The Angry Gnome said...

Burritos... definitely burritos.

7:31 PM  
Blogger em said...

I am a pig *oink oink*...

Gnome - I definitely agree with the burrito comment. Mmmmm... Tasty Burritos... double steak.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emerson-I met you at the Sbux in Waco a year or so ago--I'm a friend of the Donaldson's. My thought is this--you come up to Waco to 'work on house projects' with Daniel & Lee Ann, we let them do all the work while you & I drink coffee and generally enjoy the best of what Waco has to offer. Then, when it's time for you to go, we'll take credit for all the work the Donaldsons did...how about it?

9:17 PM  
Blogger corey said...

Em's a playa!

First 'date' invite I've seen on a blog (can you tell I don't read blogs very often?)

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im hungry for...ok, im gonna be serious... the world to care about Africa.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, just I just read that comment the way others would, and I want to clarify. I'm not looking for a date, just an excuse to get out of the innumerable house projects to get caught up with!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Emer is quite the catch. Heck, he even had married women throwing themselves at him at our 10 year H.S. reunion!! ;-)

But because the topic at hand is not his love life, I think other than being hungry for a big juicy hamburger right now, I wish I cared more about my chosen profession. I like it well enough, and I truly enjoy the feeling I have when I am able to help people, but I just don't have a drive to devour all I can on the subject.
Am I being directed to go back into teaching? Maybe, but I'm really scared to make that decision.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Just want to say I protest the "watching the Donaldson's work" idea. I think it stinks, and true friends wouldn't do such a thing. Emerson, I hope you won't take Amy seriously, and when you come to town we can stone her!

6:36 PM  
Blogger em said...

Amy! Of course I remember you... clearly! You have to excuse the flotsam and jetsam that floats into my blog. haha! They are great but a raggedy bunch. ;-) Coffee sounds delightful, but I am betting we won't be able to get out of house work. I just don't see that happening. haha!

Corey: You know I'm a playa, but really, what does that have to do with poor Amy? She just wanted to have a coffee and escape some work - not an altogether bad idea!

Sez: For me, I'm kind of just hungry for myself to genuinely care about my neighbor more-often. ugh.

Howell: But are you HUNGRY for chocolate milk, or do you just like it? ;-)

Amy (again): Really, you don't have to justify yourself with this crowd. Just laugh at them. haha!

Jennifer: Teaching does keep coming up... hmmm... I think you should keep thinking and praying about it. I, for one, think you would be a great teacher!! One of my favorite teachers at A&M was a JD... he taught business management intro and business law.

Lee Ann: Ya know, come to think of it, I've not stoned ONE person this whole year. It's about that time, I guess... Sure, I'm up for it! ;-)

10:20 PM  
Blogger J. Truett Glen said...

I must say that lately I have had a hunger for shrimp and financial security. But I find myself discontented with these and instead there is a deep cry in my heart for strength and righteousness. I am hungry for the ability to actualize that which I know is right and good.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im hungry for...an actual conversation!!!
one day...

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am physically hungry, but afraid to eat because I'm already fat enough. I wish I were hungrier for a deeper relationship with God, but something is holding me back from really wanting it. I am absolutely starved to be done with school and to restart my career. I am hungry for more time with my husband, but life keeps getting in the way. I am hungry for a clear word or a clear vision or a clear ANYTHING from God on what choices I should be making today for my family's future.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no poem, no - .

9:07 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I hunger for employment right now! Anything! And, I hunger for getting involved in ministry. I am taking some "animals" to the inner city VBS here in Houston, so that should be fun! Watch out for the snakes!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA! This picture is hilarious. I so needed to look at this right about now! I don't think I've seen anything like this since our Sunday lunch at Chattanooga's reknowned "Asia Buffet". (Or is it called Asia Diner?!?!)

I am also hungry for truth, for friendship, and for the ability to play the Franck Violin Sonata so beautifully that others weep...how's that?

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hungry for more posts on your blog!!! HELLO!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home