Haikus from a shrine
I recently put together a little "shrine" (as my friends say) on the landing of my staircase. It is comprised of one misplaced pillar candle amongst several thin brass candlesticks. I really enjoy thinking about what is happening on the top of that rickety circular-top table, be it day or night...

Stoic arms grasping
For what they forgot has been
Burning in their reach

Stoic arms grasping
For what they forgot has been
Burning in their reach
Shadows are hiding
From the chasing flame they fear
Will end their dark lives



3 Comments:
too cheap to buy more,
one sad-ass, lonely candle,
love you anyway.
Stephanie! You've got haiku skills, as well! That is what I love about you - multi-talented. oh yeah! hehe!
What gets me about candles - I liken them to people. Where are the people who stand as lights for Christ, and stand for what is right? It seems to me people will stand for nothing, and fall for anything. Of course, I'm not saying I'm perfect, by no means. Just got me thinking a bit.
Post a Comment
<< Home