My blatant vanity post...

I think these things are fun... thought I'd go for it! Anyone else feel free to reply with your responses to the same topics or just some of them.
Four jobs I've had:
1. Janitor
2. Gymnastics Coach
3. University Administrator/Educator
4. Business Consultant
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Matrix I
2. Wizard of Oz
3. Sound of Music
4. LOTR Trilogy
Four places I've lived:
1. Texas - Houston/Dallas/College Station
2. Washington, D.C.
3. Auckland, New Zealand
4. Chattanooga, TN
Four TV shows I like: (disclaimer - I actually don't watch TV, so these are shows I just happen to like!)
1. Super Friends Cartoon(or currently called Justice League)
2. Alias
3. Star Trek
4. Those other three were a stretch... I can't think of four. eek!
Four places I've vacationed:
1. Hawaii
2. Belgium
3. UK/Ireland
4. Brasil
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Sushi
2. Thai Curry
3. Bacon-wrapped anything
4. Lamb Chops with mint sauce
Honestly, this category is not fair, because I could write a list of 100+ favorites!
Four sites I visit daily:
1. Friends' Blogs
2. cnn.com
3. usaa.com or bankofamerica.com (for banking)
4. google.com
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. With friends on the beach in New Zealand
2. Wandering through Spain and Portugal with broken Spanish
3. Thailand
4. Istanbul


22 Comments:
Carly Simon has a song for you..."You're so vain...you prob'bly think this song is about you...don't you, don't you."
I KNEW she wrote that just for me! ;-)
Did mom write that comment???
Four jobs I've had:
1. Janitor (unpaid)
2. Lifeguard
3. Gymnastics Coach's sidekick
4. ER Patient Advocate
Four movies:
1. White Christmas
2. The Grinch
3. Country Girl (Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby)
4. Suspicion (Cary Grant)
Four places I've lived:
1. Manvel
2. College Station
3. Ft. Worth
4. Wake Forest
Four TV shows I like:
1. Lost (does it count if I only watch them on dvd?)
2. Rick Steves traveling shows
3. I used to watch star trek and liked it.
4. Punky brewster back in the day, but I wouldn't dare watch it now...ruin the youthful idea that it was a good show.
Four places I've vacationed:
1. Mexico
2. Mexico
3. Mexico (these were all in one trip ;)
4. DC
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Pad Thai
2. Ginger Chicken (heavy ginger!)
3. Pumpkin pie from scratch
4. Tofu in anything
Four sites I visit daily:
1. Ebay...I love getting money for junk!
2. Blogs
3. Email
4. Disney online (game section)
Four places I'd rather be now:
1. In the mountains on a hike with the kiddies.
2. In a GOOD coffee shop(none within 20 mile radius)
3. Running on Main Street
4. Kickboxing at the Y
Em,
What a great picture! You, looker, you!...yes, you are vain, but aren't we all?!?! ;)
As for your preferences, given your choice of Alias as one of your top TV shows, I feel certain that we can officially be friends. Now, Superfriends on the other hand?
This is something I don't know about you: did you go to A&M? Em, an Aggie?
Hey Ashlee! Go you for filling that out! Very fun! I need to get you, Jason, and the kids to go on a holiday with me. Where should we go?
No, mom did not write the vain comment. That was Veronica Moeller. Nice, huh? OK, I admit that I kind of provoked her, because we were on MSN when she wrote it. ;-)
Sarah - Yeah, that picture is good fun. I mean, it's so posed!
About the TV shows... I dig Alias, but really don't watch TV at all. I've probably only seen four episodes, but I really liked them. That's more than I've seen of any other show, and that whole sleek/cool spy genre is great!
And yep, all five of the Burch kids went to A&M. I even worked there as an administrator and taught Leadership Development for the Educational Psych department. Crazy!
Gig 'em Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 1999!!!!!!!!!!! whooooop!!!!
Gig 'em Ruth! ;-) Class of '98 here! Our family had Class of:
'93, '94, '96, '98, and another '98
Four jobs I've had:
1. Astroworld
2. Kmart cashier
3. Teacher
4. Attorney
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Cutting Edge
2. Sound of Music
3. Star Wars original trilogy
4. Legally Blond (only the first one)
Four places I've lived:
1. City of South Houston
2. Pearland
3. College Station
4. Austin
Four TV shows I like:
1. Gilmore Girls
2. CSI (the original)
3. Arrested Development
4. The Office
Four places I've vacationed:
1. NYC
2. The Poconos
3. The Bahamas
4. Tour of the South (main stops in Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia)
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Lemon Chicken with rice
2. Chicken and Dumplings
3. Brunswick Stew (never get it anymore though) :-(
4. Homemade fried chicken and chicken fried steak (can you tell I'm southern?)
Four sites I visit daily:
1. Friends' Blogs
2. email
3. hgtv.com (to enter for the dream home)
4. qorumreport.com (state capitol insider gossip)
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. on a nice beach anywhere
2. at home
3. somewhere in Europe (I've never been)
4. in the mountains
Go Jen for entering for the dream home! I do that one too~maybe one of us will win!
Jennifer said...
Four jobs I've had:
1. Libray Page
2. COBOL programmer
3. I've only had two jobs
4.
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Sound of Music
2. Wizard of Oz
3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
4. Mary Poppins
Four places I've lived:
1. Pearland
2. Nacogdoches
3. Pearland
4. I'm boring
Four TV shows I like:
1. Mythbusters
2. CSI (the original)
3. CSINY
4. Cold Case Files
Four places I've vacationed:
1. Germany
2. Caribbean
3. Baltimore
4. Washington, D.C.
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. anything Mexican
2. anything Chinese
3. Hamburgers
4. Chicken fried steak
Four sites I visit daily:
1. cnn.com
2. friends blogs
3. weather.com
4. email
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. at home
2. in the mountains
3. austrailia
4. on a cruise
Jennifer: I totally forgot that you used to work at Astroworld. Also, I think Legally Blonde was great and 2 was average...
Ashlee: I just signed up again to win that house! ;-)
Amy: Bedknobs and Broomsticks -- good one! I have not seen that in ages... but I remember it fondly.
Because Amy has had only two jobs, she can pick two out of the rest of mine for her list! :-p
Discover card summer service rep
Hallmark
Santa BArbara Italian Cafe
Vinson & Elkins legal intern (twice)
Judicial Intern for Judge Gilmore
Law Clerk at Henke & Associates
cashier at the Underground at A&M
Paid tutor for first year law students
Assistant to Professor Zamora for International Legal Exchange Program
WOW, I've had a lot of jobs!
thanks for sharing Jennifer. . . i think i can make my list three if i separate the time i was an intern from the my full time job doing the same time. does that count??
Four jobs I've had:
1. Walmart in Pets
2. Education Curator at a Zoo
3. Sacker at Safeway
4. Chick Fil a Store Manager
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Stargate
2. West Side Story
3. The Maltese Falcon
4. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Four places I've lived:
1. Manvel
2. Abilene (blah!)
3. College Station
4. Houston
Four TV shows I like:
1. Stargate Atlantis
2. Battle Star Galactica
3. Wrestling (yeah, I'm a freak!)
4. Anything involving blowing up stuff
Four places I've vacationed:
1. New Zealand
2. West Texas hunting snakes
3. North Carolina
4. Families houses - but does that really count
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Thai Curry
2. Sushi
3. Anything Mexican
4. Anything with chocolate
Four sites I visit daily:
1. Job sites looking for jobs
2. Yahoo
3. Google
4. My amazing Blog haha!
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Anywhere but Abilene
2. A rainforest in the South American jungle looking for elusive animals
3. Scuba diving in the Carribean
4. Driving at 3:00 a.m. in the middle of West Texas in July searching for snakes.
Jennifer: Sheesh, you HAVE had a lot of jobs! ack!
Willio: Get outta Abilene!!! I remember when you worked in the Pets department of Wal-Mart. That was so much fun coming to visit! hehe!
I remember Will working in the Wal-Mart pet deptartment! That was the only time the dead fish weren't outnumbering the live ones! Sheesh.
The dead fish at Walmart are traumatizing. Are they trying to scar our children????????
I remember Chick-fil-a. You never gave me any freebies though.
As for Emer--- you really need to see Zoolander if you haven't-- "BLUE STEEL" baby!
Oh, remember the days of early Pearland... before it became a bustling city-ette!?!? That was back when Will was in Wal-Mart Pets and all was right with the fish (IE, they swam instead of floated!) I think you're right, Veronica!
And Jennifer, I totally agree. Those dead fish everywhere ARE pretty traumatizing. ugh.
I HAVE seen Zoolander. It is hilarious! I am really, really, really, incredibly good-looking with my Blue Steel pose. Oh yeah...
Ok, when I worked there, all the fish were ALIVE! I'd feed all the dead ones to the Oscars! Hahaha!
Of course I never gave you any freebies. You never came by the store when I was there!
Anyways, now I only take care of snakes! Although I do have other animals that are mine. They just aren't nearly as cool. Oh dread, I'm still in Abilene!
Owww! Its the black and white, very rustic babe of you. "Vain" the word means fleeting yet we never think so. HA, the irony.
Four jobs:
1. electic fence sales and maintenance
2. Asst. Manager of Art Gallery
3. Eddie Bauer and waitress--its the same its just what you are serving.
4. Teacher/Professor
I've lived in dozens of places the most exotic being china and England
I'd always rather be enveloped in the exquisite beauty of Italy, artwork, friendship and food, and heaven.
Movies I can watch over and over...
Pretty in Pink
Say Anything
The Jerk
Shadowlands
Hey Emery, with enough motivation you can at least start to get the Titanic turning!
4 Movies off the top of my head I could watch again and again (Each from a different decade even):
Moulin Rouge
The Last of the Mohicans
Can't Buy Me Love
Monty Python's Holy Grrrrrail
Post a Comment
<< Home