Monday, August 14, 2006

I got memetagged

And I don't even really know what this means, but the dubious Mike Hon has requested my participation. I shall comply!

Six Random Facts About Myself
1. My talus is larger than the average Joe's, making it look like I have two ankles (on both feet!)
2. I can say all 66 books of the Bible in 19 seconds.
3. I was a vegetarian for an extended period of time in Intermediate School, in protest to the harsh treatment of animals. (My mom and I both did this; I now gladly eat meat)
4. I have traveled to New Zealand five times and have never had to pay for a ticket, thanks to frequent-flyer miles.
5. I collect every coin that makes it into my hand that is 1975 or older and place it in a shoebox that is categorized by years. Why? OCD
6. I snapped with my pointer finger and thumb until I was in 10th grade when I taught myself to snap like the rest of the world (middle finger and thumb).

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Emery, you're weirder than I give you credit for.

How are those frequent flyer miles stacking up, O great traveller? New Zealand misses you!

7:11 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

dude, that is amazing. I flew to and from NZ for far more than miles. In fact the next time I may have to go your way...

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did I meet you? High School? I never knew you were a vegetarian.

As for how you snap your fingers, I don't think I even learned to snap at all until college. At least you can amazingly snap in multiple ways-- you should have become "the Snapper" and gone on "America's Got [no]Talent" to win the million dollars!!! :-p

10:48 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

My dad used to time me every night when I'd say the books of the bible. I'm afraid I can't remember my record. Lucky for you!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should have started your own "snap" movement. We could have our own political action committees and maybe even score an official day on the calendar somewhere. It's time the world started snapping OUR way dammit!! Or, at the very least allows us to feel affirmed and valued in our snapish ways and attitudes. The middle finger and thumb snap is holding us down!

your "just-as-weird-as-you-are" friend,

pam

(a.k.a. hit #27 for today on your sitemeter! hee hee!)

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big talus.


I think that's a good thing. It's been a long time since I used my biology degree.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Wow. You are weird :) Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say that you have an awemome blog, probably because you seem to have an awesome life.

I want to post 6 random facts about myself on my blog, too. I think I might, or do I need your permission first, O Great Traveler? ;)

Jay

7:25 PM  
Blogger Cheryl of the Wilds of C said...

I love that you blame your coin collection on OCD. OCD is rarely confined to one thing. HMMMMMM.

Is your first name Emery? My last name is Emery. Not a common name. It means 'industrious leader'. Is that you?

I enjoyed your blog.

9:38 PM  
Blogger em said...

Just for your edification, I am currently eating Lindt dark chocolate (70% cocoa) and white coconut chocolate along with some macadamia nuts. Oh, happy days... yum!

Naomi! It's great to hear from you -- of course I am far weirder than you give me credit for. :-) I am anxious to get back to my other home... hopefully this holiday season I can escape again -- or sooner for Dave's wedding, if at all possible.

Dennis: Yep, frequent flier miles are the only way to go. Seriously, those flights are just about the most expensive flights to anywhere in the world from the states.

Jensa: Didn't we meet in Junior High? I don't think vegeterianism was a cool thing back then, so surprise that you didn't know. I knew I was always destined for Reality TV Fame! ;-)

Schmance: If you and I were in a race, I'd probably say the books of the Bible faster... hehe

Pam: I'm lucky to get moving at all recently... much less get a snap movement going. After gymnastics class AND this crap sunburn, I am kinda outta service for a while. ;-)

Rob: Oh yeah, don't be jealous of my big talus. It actually makes my ankles stronger, because there is more surface area for connective tissues... that's what I was told, at least. And, I've never hurt my ankles in gymnastics.

Jay: Yeah, I've got a quirk or two. Fun! Thanks for the blog props... I wish I had the time to post a bit more. argh. "Awesome" might be a bit of overkill to describe my life, though. hehe! You go ahead and post your six random facts. Consider yourself memetagged!

Cheryl: Oh, I've got plenty of more obsessive habits, but I am only minorly OCD... I've checked with a psychologist. :-) My first name is Emerson, so Emery is a nickname... and you are right that it means "industrious leader" -- I try. ha I enjoy your blog, as well. Good stuff!

Back to my chocolate binge... oh, I also had gelato just a bit ago. Mmmmm.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home