Saturday, August 26, 2006

Extreme Home Makeover

Last year, my fascination with restoring old houses began.

My mom and I were trying to find a way to build her a house in preparation for retirement, and all the house building options seemed far too expensive for a bland, cookie-cutter, utilitarian-with-no-thought-to-craftsmanship, and poorly-made house. Thus began our search for an older house that we could buy, move to her land, and refurbish.

Little did we know what we were in for, but it was a great learning experience. With the help of my brother, that project is getting finished up. At the same time, I also began to start a project of my own in Chattanooga, TN this past year.

I found the oldest, most run-down crack house in the city... and I bought it! This renovation began in September of 2005. I am about 85% done with the project, though the other 15% is mostly outside. A really cool guy is now renting the place from me. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of before and after, so here goes:


The Living Room



Front Bedroom


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're living my dream (that I now have no energy or motivation for). :-)

I'm glad you found a good renter.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty!! but i think it should have read... "sarah really wanted to see some pictures, so I thought it would be a good idea..."
The most important question though... do you still sell crack?!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. Im totally impressed, you should take over Ty's job!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.p.s. have a look at my house on my bebo!!! http://lotsaaroha.bebo.com
Since you can't see it in person :(

5:55 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

So when are you gonna post pics of yo momma's house?
I drove past the crooked tree the other day and saw a trailer of some sort...it certainly WAS NOT a Starbucks.
; )

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home